Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our Old House

Praise God, we have exciting news. Someone put an offer on our old house and we accepted it. Now we are waiting for inspections and them to close on their loan. Let me tell you how awesome God is.

I have to tell you that even though this house has been a financial burden to us, God has provided and we have never needed for anything. He is WORTHY!!!!! He has allowed me to have a peace of knowing that in time it will sell. Just be still and know.

Last week, Rick Clendenen was preaching at our church. He gave an alter call at the end of one of the service and he said if something is weighting you down and you need God to move come up. I went and stood in to sell our house. That was Tuesday night. Wednesday our realtor got the MLS# put in. We decided to put it back in realestate Monday, because we just weren't getting any prospects trying to sell it on our own. Thursday, I was on my way to pick Morgan up from school and I was listening to Chip Ingram on the radio. He said if you need something from God, just ask Him. I said "God, I need my house to sell." I kid you not, two minutes later our realtor calls and said "You ready to sell your house? Someone is coming to look at it tommorow." It took me a minute because I was so surprised and then I remember what I had just prayed. I told her and she was like "No Way!!!!" I called my mom and she came and helped us get the rest of our stuff out and clean the place up Thursday night. The people came Friday afternoon to look at the house and loved it. The realtor called Friday night and said they had put an offer in on it. We accepted the offer Saturday and now we are just waiting for inspections and them to close on thier loan.

God is so good. It doesn't have to be some fancy, long, drawn out prayer. Just tell Him your heart and He will listen.

2 Comments:

At 2/28/2009 12:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Hope all the inspections and paper work go smoothly!!

Daughter moves into her house next weekend!! Everything isnt completed..but it's looking more and more like a home!! I know she's on pins and needels waiting for all of it to be over!! Bet you know how that feels!! ;)

 
At 3/02/2009 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughin..cause I want you to know that I do know how to spell NEEDLES. LOL ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home