Monday, September 15, 2008

We're In (well, kind of)

We moved our beds there Saturday and a few other things. We still have a lot of painting and cleaning to do. It's easier to work over there now because the kids can just go to bed when they get tired, plus they have their stuff there and can entertain themselves. We don't have satellite yet, but they are surviving (I'm thinking about not turning it back on-hee!).

Yesterday was a sight to behold. We have this burn pile that has some stumps and things from the yard in it. We've been putting all the cardboard from the cabinets, appliances, and everything else down there, but haven't burned them. Kenny had some pallets stacked on top of it to keep it from blowing around. Well, yesterday morning when the wind storm came through, it looked like a tornado had hit our road. I was going to wait for the wind to die down before I got out there and picked it all up but the wind got so high that it even picked some 3X3 plywood pieces up and threw them at the road. I got really nervous because cars were coming by so I got out there in the midst of it and tried to pick up what I could. It was blowing me around, dust and sand were in my eyes, ears and teeth. It was awful, but I was afraid someone was going to get hurt driving by. I'm sure people thought their new neighbor was crazy. There's no telling how far some of our stuff went.

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2008 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to tell you CONGRATULATIONS on getting into the house, Kim!! I know how exciting it has to be. Just think..you've taken a dream..and turned it into something you can actually touch, feel, and live in!.....and with so much hard work. Such a great blessing!! Hope you enjoy every minute of living there!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home