Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Little Closer---Yeah!!!

This is the office. The countertops will be in Friday. They are light gray. The tall cabinet is for photo albums and scrapbooking stuff. Morgan has a ton of it. The desk drawer to the left is a filing drawer and the rest will be storage. She has some lime green accessories to go in there as well.
This is my bathroom floor. It still has to be sealed, but I thought it turned out really well. It took all weekend to get it done.
This is my vanity and the mirror for it. I love it. That thing is so heavy. It took all I had to help Kenny get it in the house.This is the utility room. It has the sink to the right and then the countertop will go over the washer and dryer. The vent is not aligning correctly so we are going to have to do some work to it.

This is our wild bathroom (no the hall walls aren't purple, it's from the camera). The kids decided on this blue shower curtain that has frogs on it. I bought the green paint to match the curtain. When I started putting it on the wall it looked like Superman's Kryptonite. I'm not so sure it's going to stay. I'm going to wait until I get all my stuff in there and then decide.
This is Colton's closet. He's very proud of it. We'll see if it helps his organizational skills.
This is the kitchen. I love the cabinets. The pictures don't really do them justice. The area where the ladder is sitting will have a countertop for seating. They are installing all the countertops Friday. Paul came and helped Kenny move the appliances last night and they didn't fit. Our contractor fixed it this morning. I was sick to my stomach.
Our plumber is coming Monday to hook everything up and we should be about finished. The electricians still have a little to do. We are going to work on one room at a time getting the trim painted and finish everything in that room. Then we can start moving things in. We will probably just move a little at a time.
Please pray our other house sells soon. We've had several calls since we took it out of realty, but no one has came to see it.




5 Comments:

At 9/04/2008 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..things are looking great!! (Even Colton!!) I love your vanity and mirror too!! Perhaps you should consider taking back the frog shower curtain and replacing it with a turtle one? LOL

Daughter and her hubs sold their house yesterday to my son and his wife. That means..on Monday..daughter and son in law's contractor is starting on their new house. Cant wait! It seems like it's been so long since they decided to build near us.

Building a house sure takes lots of patience, huh? ;)

 
At 1/08/2013 9:20 AM , Blogger Heather said...

Hi, Love the blog, I am creating a blog as well for the same reason, we are also building a house! Yay! What a great experience. We haven't broke ground yet, probably February. Can you tell me the maker and color of your kitchen cabinets, I like them very much.

Thank you!

 
At 1/08/2013 9:59 AM , Blogger Kim said...

Thank you! I appreciate that. I had such a great time building our house. I miss making all those decisions. I loved every minute of it.

My cabinets are Aristocraft. The model is Radford and the color is Saddle. Here's a link that will take you right to it.

http://www.aristokraft.com/products/radford?prod=da2da7a8-ba85-464f-9a2d-859f61170b37



If I can help in any other way, feel free to write me. We've been there four years now and I can tell you the best and worst decisions we made. Best: Geothermal H&C and NuWool cellulose insulation. Worst: Plumber-should have gone with Pex tubing instead of regular pipes and paid the money for a better plumber to install it.

Electrians: It will pay in the long run if you plan out where you want your plugs and lights. Ours called me and asked me to come while the walls were just 2x4's and tell him everywhere I want a plug, light, which kind of lights I want and where, and so forth. You won't have your cabinets in yet but they want to know if you want lights under them, over them, are you going to have a pot rack or something over the island or do you just want can lights. That was probably the most overwhelming part. Definitly put lights in all the closets. They won't if you don't ask.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask for all of that. As you can tell, I really did get in to it. ha!ha!

Good luck!
Enjoy!!

 
At 1/23/2013 1:09 PM , Blogger Heather said...

Thanks Kim!

I thought that was the type of cabinets, I couldn't be sure. I actually picked the same exact color and door style from Aristokraft! I am glad to hear you like them, I haven't been able to see them on a large scale except your picture. They do look good, we picked Giallo Ornamental granite for the countertops. It is so tough making large decisions with small samples! We break ground February 22! Yay. Thanks for the tips, I will definitely take note, I have gone over plans with the electrician (wow expensive) If I could I would put a recess light everywhere! I limited them to the lower floor and am going to have my father in law do the upstairs lights (he is handy like that, did all of his own at home and they look great) I will meet with the electrician later and go over more, keeping your tips in mind. Thanks again for responding, I really appreciate it.

Best,
Heather

 
At 1/23/2013 1:59 PM , Blogger Kim said...

That's exciting! If you have any other questions, feel free to email me at kimberlyskeepsakes@yahoo.com. It may be a little quicker than the blog.

I can also send you a better picture of the cabinets if it will help you.

Have a great day!
Kim

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home