Monday, July 14, 2008

House Update

Hey Guys,
No pictures today. There hasn't really been anything to take pictures of. Just drywall tape on the wall and that's not very exciting.

The drywall guys will be finishing up tommorow and then let the painting begin. I'm taking vacation Thursday through next Wednesday so I can paint. Right now I'm anxious to get started, but by next week I may be calling for re-enforcements. I know it will be fine. I'm trying to not set a goal in case I don't finish it, I won't be disappointed. We'll see how well that works out for me.

The drillers finished and now we are waiting for Kenny to get the duct work built and installed and we have to have someone come dig the ditches from the wells to the house for the geothermal to be complete.

We did get our phone service hooked up and the permanent power turned on so we can hook the security system up. That's exciting.

Our cabinets came in last week and I got to see them. I love them. They are more detailed than I thought. They look really nice.

I can't remember if I told you or not, so forgive me if I did, but our bamboo flooring came in and it wasn't anything like what we saw in the sample they gave us. It was a lot darker and had a very wide grain compared to the maple look of the sample. We were disappointed. They said they would refund our money and pick it up. That is a lot of hassle plus we have to start shopping again. I'm tired of looking at flooring. When we compared it to the cabinet color, it looks really good with it so we may just keep it. We asked them to give us until Wednesday to decide.

Well, gotta go. Just wanted to give you a quick update. When I get some color on the walls, I'll shoot you some pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home