Thursday, June 5, 2008

Starting Shingles

They are moving right along. The contractor finished the roof decking and putting the sides on the gables. The roofers started the shingles. They got the middle, raised section finished today. It was really hot. I felt sorry for them. (the house is not pink, it's my camera doing that for some reason)

The contractor installed the french door today. The front and 3' garage door will probably get put in tommorow. He wanted to put the windows in, but they won't be here until Monday.
I got my cabinets ordered finally. It has been a very stressful 24 hours trying to find the right door style, color, and most of all, counter top. I've changed my mind 100 times on the counter top. I finally had some divine inspirtation, and went to Lowe's and bought my backsplash tile. Then I was able to choose the counter color from that. I hope we like it. I got Aristokraft cabinets in saddle color, maple wood, and Radford door style. I really like the tile. Jo bought it a few years ago and I loved it. She decided not to use it so took it back. I look at it everytime I go down the aisle at Lowe's. I went with white cabinets in my utility room and the office. I chose a charcoal gray soapstone color for my counter top.


1 Comments:

At 6/13/2008 8:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey girl! I love your selections!! they all blend beautifully together!!! It won't be long now!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home