Monday, May 12, 2008

Chief Cornerstone

Can I brag on God for a minute? I was reminded of some awesome things that have taken place since we started this house project. I took this picture as a reminder of what it means to have Jesus as our "Chief Cornerstone". I tear up everytime I think about it.




I was having a hard time a while back with the whole issue of whether or not we were ever going to get started on the house. Months had gone by and nothing was happening. It was winter so I used that as my reasoning, but when March came and they still didn't start when they said they would, I got really down. I went to the land and walked around and prayed like I always do. I saw an old orange flag hanging in a tree. Kenny and I had wanted to find our property boundaries, but hadn't been able to. In January, we called the guy who owned it before us and he told us exactly where to go. We found it, but didn't walk exactly down to the ribbon because there was thick brush all around it and it was muddy that day. Anyways, I was out walking this day in March and saw the flag in the tree. I followed it and found several others. I was able to find the whole outline of our property and mark with pink ribbon. That was really exciting because we had a little more than we thought. Well, I get to the corner of our land and this other guys and I see the flagging he told us about. I make my way through the briars and get down to it and could not believe my eyes. The corner of my property was a huge CORNERSTONE covered in moss. It had this old faded ribbon wrapped around it and a fence post stuck right beside it. I cried so much. I have this thing with rocks and cornerstones so when I saw that I immediatly knew that everything was going to be alright and He was in control. I thought back to all the years before when that land was originally surveyed that God knew that I would need that some day and whispered in that surveyors ear "wrap that ribbon on that rock". I love it. There was no need to do it. There is a post right there, but the rock had a ribbon on it as well. Now I'm sure this doesn't mean as much to you as it did to me, but it was God's way of saying, "Settle down Kim, I got this. I love you and it's going to be OK."




This may seem a little over the top or even corny to some, but after they poured the footer, Kenny and I went out there to look at it. I wrote Jesus in it where our bedroom wall is going to be because our headboard will sit there by that wall and I want to remember that He is always the head of our house and everything we have or ever will have is because of Him.

Isaiah 28:16
16 So this is what the Sovereign LORD says:"See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home