Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our First Garden

We are really excited about having a garden. My parents, niece, and nephew came up and helped me and the kids get it started. We have two rows of corn, tomatoes, potatoes, green peppers (lots of them-got a little crazy with the plants-grew them from seed), banana peppers, cabbage, onions, leaf lettuce, squash, watermellon, cantelope, cauliflower, okra, green apple gourds (all the way from my friend in Florida), pumpkins, bush beans, and cucumbers. We're excited about it. Just waiting for it to grow.

I planted all kinds of flowers around the borders. Hopefully this will cut down on the deer traffic. We'll have to see. My aunt has this "secret recipe potion" she's created so hopefully she will share.
Kenny's grandmother gave us these strawberry plants. They are doing really well.

We finally have a few things poking through. The squash, cucumbers, and onions broke through this weekend. My flowers are about 2" tall as well. It's really exciting.


1 Comments:

At 5/08/2008 6:59 PM , Blogger Alexa-Jayne said...

you go girl! I love your garden plot!! Can't wait to see what comes up first!!! keep us posted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home